Click the pic above to get to other Wordless Wednesday Participants or go check out
I was shown this recipe from “Living Low Carb, One Day at a Time“. They sound yummy! I am posting them here so I can remember to give them a shot too! I have Sunbutter here, I wonder if that would be good instead of almond butter? Hmmm . . . I may try that.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup equivalent powdered sweetener
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 1/2 oz dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, and sweetener.
- Over medium-low heat melt 1 cup of almond butter and coconut oil.
- Once melted, add the almond butter to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Over medium-low heat melt 2 Tbsp of almond butter and the chocolate.
- Once melted, pour the chocolate over the almond butter mixture and smooth out the top for even coverage.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the almond butter mixture has set. To reduce the amount of time for the almond butter mixture to set place the bars in the freezer until set.
- Cut into 12 even bars.
No Bake Almond Butter Bars: 5.5 net carbs per serving (yields 12 bars) Almond butter layer: 33 net carbs (without chocolate topping)
Beautiful Princess Magpie turned five yesterday! Can you believe it? I can’t. She is such a sweet little girl these days. Full of love and laughter. It was a wonderful day with friends, balloons, cake, presents, and food. What more could you ask for?
Here are some pictures from the day . . . warning, there are a LOT pics. I had troubles choosing.
Number of Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 t seasoned salt
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 2 T fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 cups (1/4 inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in dry mixture.
- Place coated slices on an oven proof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 4
Sunday’s heart felt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful.
Here are some things I am grateful for this week:
1. Friends who come by and help Prince Charming put together a BBQ
2. Relaxed, afternoon BBQ’s with friends.
3. Sunny days with the kids running back and forth playing and having a blast.
4. Getting the classroom almost together so we can start back to homeschool.
5. Prince Charming helping me so that I can make a BIG chalkboard for our classroom. I am so excited by this one!
6. Weekend days where Prince Charming is home and we get to spend some time together and I get to do some much needed running around.
7. Living in a house that is so close to everything that I can walk everywhere I need to go.
8. Text message chats with Prince Charming while he is working. We just do quick little messages and spend some time talking, flirting, laughing, being silly. It’s kind of fun.
9. Friends who surprise you with Timmy’s coffee just when you need it!
Oven 375 degrees for 30 mins uncover and go 5 or so more minutes till cheese is brown
- 8 lasagna noodles cooked to AL den ta
- 1/2 lb hamburger (I mixed sausage and gr beef)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Jar spaghetti sauce of your liking
- 1 sm can mushrooms chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic or powder (whatever u like)
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes.
- 2 c mozzarella finely shredded
- Cook meat with onion garlic, 1/3 can of chopped mushrooms, salt, pepper, red flakes.
- Drain when done, add 1/3 jar or enough to bring meat together so it sticks together.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of cheese after meat is cool a bit.
- Spread a little sauce on bottom of pan then prepare rolls by doing the following:
- Lay noodles out and lay an equal portion of meat on each noodle and roll carefully. This is the pain part. If you roll too tight the meat falls out.
- Dump the rest of the sauce on top of the noodles and cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil for 30 mins then uncover to brown and heat through.