- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the honey and applesauce.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
lovely with greek yogurt and fresh berries!
Here are some pics from our St. Patrick’s Day.
Playing dress-up with all the fun goodies mom surprised them with:
Looking angry at her dolly for some reason:
My adorable Little Leprechaun:
My Shamrock Cake. It is actually green inside, but that is hard to see in this picture!
Sunday’s heart felt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful.
Here are some things I am grateful for this week:
1. A Big Sister’s Sweet Whispers.
2. A little Girl who is adorable despite an impromptu haircut from her big sister.
3. Sister’s who love to play together in the snow.
4. Rides from Cousins and Sisters
5. A sweet boy makes me smile every single day.
6. Silly Sweet Dressup Play (like Pretty kitty princess Magpie)
7. Story time with Big Sister
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cup honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cup brewed coffee (can substitute water)
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa.
- Make three wells. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well.
- Pour cold water over all, and stir well with fork.
- Pour mixed batter into a 9 x 13 inch greased cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
I used some berries and fat free yogurt for a topping. It was yummy!
The Saturday PhotoHunts for this week are Animals and Deluxe. I thought of these pictures of the kid in their ANIMAL Hats giving each other the DELUXE treatment by pulling each other on the slides.