I love salads. I do tend to get stuck in one kind of salad and I love getting new ideas for healthy salads to have on a hot summer day. Here are some that I found.
Category Archives: recipe
Here are some yummy, healthy recipes I have found for summer barbecue days!
I LOVE new recipes and I love anything fresh and yummy. I guess that is one of the reasons why being a veggie works for me. I found this recipe recently and it is so good!!!
This can be served as a salad or salsa. It goes perfectly with any barbecue.
Serves: 8 as a side dish
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cups corn (frozen works fine)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1 scallion, minced
¼ cup cilantro, minced
½ jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
juice of 2 fresh limes
a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon ground cumin
fresh ground black pepper
Heat oil in pan and add corn and garlic. Saute until corn has some brown spots. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and serve.
Here are some yummy vegetarian and vegan one-pot pasta recipes I found!
Click the pictures to go to the recipe.
2.One-Pan Veggie Fajita Pasta
4. Rainbow Very-Veggie Pasta
6. One Pot Pasta – Road Tested
7. One-Pot Tomato Basil Spinach Pasta
- 4 large chicken thighs (bone in and skin on)
- 2 Tbsp Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c lower sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Mix the paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken thighs generously with the mixture.
- Place the thighs in a baking pan.
- Roast at 400 degrees (F) for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and pour the juices into a small bowl.
- Mix juices together along with broth and xanthan gum together and pour over chicken.
- Place back in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste, stir to blend everything together.
- Serve over cauli rice or cooked spaghetti squash