I love salads. I do tend to get stuck in one kind of salad and I love getting new ideas for healthy salads to have on a hot summer day. Here are some that I found.
Category Archives: Recipes
Here are some yummy, healthy recipes I have found for summer barbecue days!
I LOVE new recipes and I love anything fresh and yummy. I guess that is one of the reasons why being a veggie works for me. I found this recipe recently and it is so good!!!
This can be served as a salad or salsa. It goes perfectly with any barbecue.
Serves: 8 as a side dish
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cups corn (frozen works fine)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1 scallion, minced
¼ cup cilantro, minced
½ jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
juice of 2 fresh limes
a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon ground cumin
fresh ground black pepper
Heat oil in pan and add corn and garlic. Saute until corn has some brown spots. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and serve.
Here are some yummy vegetarian and vegan one-pot pasta recipes I found!
Click the pictures to go to the recipe.
2.One-Pan Veggie Fajita Pasta
4. Rainbow Very-Veggie Pasta
6. One Pot Pasta – Road Tested
7. One-Pot Tomato Basil Spinach Pasta
- 1 lbs lean ground Chicken1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 cup chicken stock (broth)
- 1 cup boneless cooked chicken breasts (baked & chopped into shreds)
- 2 cup spinach (frozen or fresh), cut into small pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Directions For Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Form into very small balls (approximately 90 per 1 lbs of ground chicken).
- Place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn them halfway through the cooking time. They should be browned on the outside but are still soft.
- Remove from oven and drain on a paper towel if necessary.
- Place all ingredients, except spinach, into the crock pot with meatballs.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours (Add spinach during the last hour).
- Remove bay leaves. Enjoy!
Low Carb, THM S