It’s the new year and I am excited. New years feel like new beginnings for me. It is a time to look and evaluate how things are going. It is a time to freshen things up a little. Here are some things I am looking at.
1. Relax a little with homeschooling. I want to make sure we have fun on our journey. I want the kids to know how lucky they are to be home. To that end I want to include:
- More unit studies
- more crafts
- include more variety
- take trips to the library
2. While I have lost about 50 pounds since March, I have been stalled for a few months. So I want to change things up. To that end I am thinking I would like to eat a diet that is:
- High fibre (25-35 grams daily)
- Enough protein (50-60 grams daily)
- Reasonable range of calories (1250-1350 daily)
- Lots of water
- only one or two cups of coffee
- gluten free
- more mindful, more meal planning.
3. Let the kids in the kitchen to help me cook and bake more. They love it and it is a good learning experience.