(You can substitute something else for the cornstarch if you can’t afford the carbs or you can just keep cooking it down until its thick enough. This recipes makes nearly a quart when thickened.)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 – 4 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Put the cornstarch in half a cup of the water and stir it, then add it to the tomato sauce
- Put that mixture and the rest of the ingredients in a skillet and simmer until it has thickened to desired consistency
This made 6 enchiladas and had 1 1/2 pints of sauce left over for later.
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- half a can of black olives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- another 1/3-1/2 cup of shredded cheese to top the enchiladas.
- low carb tortillas (such as La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb, High Fiber Tortilla)
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Place some inside a low carb tortilla with a little spoon of sauce on top and then roll up
- Place in a pan and when they are all done, cover with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. (uncovered)
This recipe makes approx 3-4 more enchiladas or can be doubled to make more.